Apple slashes prices of iPhone 6s, 6s Plus by up to Rs 22,000: Report
BS Web Team | New Delhi Sep 15, 2016 01:41 PM IST
The move comes even as the company said on Wednesday that the initial quantities of the iPhone 7 Plus have sold out globally as it prepares to roll out its new gadget in stores.
Supplies of the larger size of Apple's new phone have been exhausted in all shades, and the smaller iPhone 7 has also sold out in the new jet black colour, the company said.
Recently, the iPhone 6s was rated as the world's top-selling smartphone model in the second quarter of 2016. The US giant currently accounts for two of the three top-selling devices shipped worldwide.
Apple shipped 14.2 million units and accounted for four per cent share of all smartphones shipped worldwide in second quarter of 2016, said market research firm Strategy Analytics.
Here are the new MRPs of the other iPhone models:
1) iPhone 6s Plus (128GB): The 128GB version of the bigger screen variant of Apple Inc's previous flagship will now be available at an MRP of Rs 70,000, after receiving a cut of Rs 22,000, the report said.
2) iPhone SE (64GB): Launched only earlier this year, the 64GB version of Apple's four-inch smartphone has also got a price cut, from Rs 49,000 to Rs 44,000.
More From Technology
- YouTube announces 'YouTube Go' for next generation users
- Microsoft using AI to empower people, transform world: Satya Nadella
- Google launches service to take internet to India malls, cafes
- Galaxy Note issue: Samsung executives meet DGCA officials
- India should work on policy to use white spaces for rural internet access: Rohan Murty