The company has invested around Rs Rs 1,000 crore in developing the new product.
Here are 7 things of note about the Mahindra XUV300
1. The XUV300 counts Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Ford Eco-sport as its competitors in the sub-compact SUV (sports utility vehicle) segment
2. Price: The petrol and diesel engine variants cost Rs 7.90 lakh and Rs 8.49 lakh, respectively, in Delhi.
3. It is powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel engine.
4. It is based on the X100 platform of SsangYong Tivoli, a Korean automobile
brand owned by Mahindra & Mahindra.
5. It is one of the most spacious cars in the segment. It has been modified and altered to fit within the crucial sub-4 metre length.
6. Dimensions: It is just under four metres in length, under two metres in width and just above 1.6 metres in height
7. Engine torque: Torque is the amount of "turning power" you have, much in the same way you turn a wrench. It is 200 Nm/110 horsepower for the petrol variant and 300 Nm/117 horsepower for the diesel variant.