Some batches of a spice mix sold by a top Indian cooking brand were taken off the shelves in the United States for salmonella contamination, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said.
The contaminated lot of MDH's sambhar powder was distributed in some northern Californian stores, the drug regulator said in a statement late on Wednesday.
Sambhar is a southern Indian staple, eaten almost daily in many households.
MDH, ubiquitous in Indian kitchens, is known for selling various spice mixes that are key to Indian cooking. The.....