Reliance Jio plans: What's new?
Rs 399 plan: The new plans include a Rs 399 scheme for JioPrime customers, offering 1 GB data per day for 84 days. It is similar to what the Rs 309 plan is offering.
Rs 349 plan: Under Jio's Rs 349 plan, customers get 20 GB limit data for a period of over 56 days (almost 2 months). No data limit applies.
Revised plans of Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio has revised its previous Rs 309 for which they are now offering 1 GB data per day for a total benefit period of 56 days, as opposed to 28 days in the previous plan. Under Rs 509 plan, Jio is offering 2 GB per day for 56 days. Therefore the validity period of the plans have been extended for both plans.
Slight changes in Premium plans
* Rs 999 plan will now provide 90 GB data as opposed to the previous cap of 60 GB for 90 days. Thus, this plan has now got 30 GB additional data.
* The Rs 1,999 plan has been made valid for 120 days, and the data cap from the previous limit of 125 GB has been hiked to 155 GB.
* The Rs 4999 plan will now provide 380 GB data, a 30 GB increase from its previous limit of 350 GB over a period of 180 days.
* The most premium plan of Jio priced at Rs 9999 has been changed, and now will provide 780 GB data over a period of 1 year and 25 days.
For postpaid Jio Users
* The new Rs 399 plan for post paid users offers 1 GB data per day for 90 days, thus giving a total data of 90 GB.
* The Rs 349 plan for postpaid users gives 20 GB data for 60 days now without any daily cap limit.
* Also, the time period for the existing Rs 309 and Rs 509 for Reliance Jio postpaid users has been doubled to two months from the previous 30 days validity.
What does not change
The entry level plans of Rs 19, Rs 49, Rs 96 and Rs 149 have been kept the same.
Reliance Jio's offer comes amid a fierce tariff war unfolding in the Indian telecom
market. Last week, Bharti Airtel offered up to 30 GB of additional data for three months to its postpaid customers through 'My Airtel' app. This was an extension of a similar offer the company had rolled out earlier this year.
Newcomer Reliance Jio's aggressive stance in the market is compelling all telecom
operators, even large ones, to come out with innovative offers to retain customers.
JioFi JioGST starter kit
Reliance Jio on Thursday launched the 'JioFi JioGST' starter kit that includes a GST filing service for businesses.
The starter kit that comes at Rs 1,999 offers access to a billing application and Jio's GST software solution for tax filing, coupled with unlimited calls and 24GB data, for one year, according to information available on its website.
The offer which was made available on the Jio website also provides access to JioGST-empanelled tax practitioners who may even be authorised to file tax returns by businesses.