"I request all people in country to get out of house only when it is extremely necessary, try and do all work from home," he said.
Key points :
1. Urge all senior citizens between the age of 65-70 to stay at home, says PM
2. To deal with coronavirus, no definite solution has been found, nor has any vaccine produced: PM
3. Social distancing is important and effective. Please stay at home--work from home to the extent possible, please refrain from non-essential gathering and get out of house only when it is extremely necessary: PM Modi
4. Appeal for a janta curfew
on Sunday, March 22. Urge people to stay at home from 7 am to 9 pm to curb the coronavirus.
5. I ask local administration to clap and ring bells at 5 pm on March 22 as a form of gratitude to the workers who are fighting the coronavirus: PM Modi.
6. On Mar 22 at 5 pm, we should thank people like doctors, medical personnel, cleaning staff, for their service: PM Modi
7. I request people to avoid going to hospitals for routine check-up to ease pressure on medical staff: PM Narendra Modi
8. Keeping in mind economic challenges arising out of coronavirus, govt has decided to form COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force: PM
9. PM asks people to avoid panic buying, says they should not hoard essential items like food and medicine
Indian authorities today confirmed fourth death after a 70-year-old man from Punjab died from coronavirus. Earlier, three deaths were reported - one in Delhi, one in Karnataka and third in Kerala. Globally over 200,000 people have tested positive of the virus while over 9,000 people have died.