"It will be very difficult for these people now as all they had, has been gutted in the fire", she added.
Madanpur Khadar camp in Delhi's Kalindi Kunj area was the only Rohingya camp in Delhi. After the pre-dawn blaze, all the residents of the colony have been moved to a makeshift camp.
ANI reported that local residents of the area are helping the dislodged population with clothes, food and other help which they are capable of providing.
A forensic team and officials from power discom BSES visited the camp to ascertain the cause of the fire. However, some media reports claim that the fire was started by a short-circuit in the electrical wiring of a makeshift toilet.
Mumtaz Azmi, The secretary of Zaket Foundation (NGO which had built the camp) told to Business Standard
that "resident of the colony used to steal electricity from the wirings around the colony". He also informed that the Disaster Management authority had built makeshift camps in the nearby area where people had now been shifted.
Asked about future plans of relocating the residents, he said, "If the government gives us the permission, we will go ahead and build a camp again for those people"