The total length of the project is 82 km which includes 60 km length of Expressway
and 22 Km length of National
highways. A total of 24 Minor and Major bridges, 10 flyovers, 3 ROBs, 95 Underpasses, 15 Subways and 12 Foot Over Bridges have been constructed in this project.
* The first stretch of the 14-lane highway comprising 9 km was inaugurated by Modi in 2018.
* The project has been built in four segments -- Nizamuddin Bridge to UP Border, UP Border to Dasna, Dasna to Hapur and Hapur to Meerut.
* A 2.5 metre cycle corridor and 2 meter wide footpath has also been constructed for pedestrians.
* The smart expressway will provide commuters with details on climate, traffic along with information on road accidents.
* Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cum FASTag based Multi Lane Free Flow Tolling System has been introduced for the first time in this project for collection of user fees which will be deducted without any stoppage of traffic and ensure for the free flow of high speed traffic.
* A special Emergency Call Box (ECB) provision has been made for timely approach at the time of emergency for the road users.
* Facilities of an ambulance, crane, petrol pump, restaurants, maintenance of vehicles shops are being provided along the route.
* The expressway has 4,500 lights
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.