Subsequently, review petitions were filed by former Union ministers Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shourie, lawyer Prashant Bhushan
and others against the top court's judgment re-examination of its findings in the procurement of 36 Rafale
fighter jets and a CBI probe into the deal.
On May 10, 2019, the top court had reserved the decision on the pleas.
In its reply, the centre had said the petitioners relied on media reports and they can't reopen the case. The Centre had filed an affidavit seeking dismissal of the review petition after some internal documents of the Defence Ministry related to the Rafale
fighter deal came out in a section of the media.
The Centre asserted that the petitioners had procured privileged documents in an "illegal way" to support their review petitions. It told the court that the documents attached by the petitioners are sensitive to national
security and relate to war capacity of the combat aircraft.
The top court had reserved the order on their pleas in May, earlier this year.