Transport Minister Gopal Rai on Thursday held a meeting with representatives of app-based taxi operators and other taxi associations at the Delhi Secretariat.
“The government has asked Uber and Ola Cabs to give it all details pertaining to their vehicles and drivers within seven days if they want their applications for licence to operate their services to be considered by the concerned authority,” said a government spokesperson.
All app-based cab service were banned in the national capital after a driver of Uber, the US-based online taxi-hailing company, was accused of raping a female passenger in December last year.
In January this year, the company had applied for a radio taxi licence to operate through its subsidiary Resource Expert India Pvt Ltd.
The city government has also directed these app-based taxi operators to file an undertaking stating that they would follow all laid down rules in future.
“We have also asked Uber and Ola Cabs to file an undertaking stating that they will follow all rules laid down rules by the transport department,” the official said.
The Delhi government in March had approached Department of Electronic & Information Technology (Deity) to block web-based apps of taxi operators Uber, Ola Cabs and TaxiForSure alleging that these companies are not complying with a ban order imposed by it.
Thereafter, the Department of Telecom had earlier this month issued a letter to Internet Service Providers to block websites of taxi operators Uber, TaxiForSure and Ola Cabs, following a request from the Delhi government.