The HSRP is affixed with non-removable and non-reusable snap locks.
Besides the two plates at the front and rear of the vehicle, a third registration plate in the form of a chromium-based hologram sticker will be pasted on the inside of the windshield on the left-hand corner.
Many benefits of HSRP:
Experts see many benefits of HSRP, both for old and new cars.
Says Amit Kumar, chief executive officer, OLX Autos India: “The new security features will increase the trustworthiness of the supply of vehicles coming into the used car market. As these plates are issued only after the vehicle owner provides information like engine number, chassis number, etc. inspecting these cars
in the used car market will become easier.”
With information like details of the car, engine number, chassis number, etc. being stored in a centralised database, verifying the vehicle’s rightful owner will become easier. This database will also help the law enforcement authorities in tracking stolen vehicles. Car owners will also be able to make insurance claims more easily.
A standardised version of the number plate means a more homogenous technological approach can be adopted for identifying vehicles.
“It will enable customers to sell their used cars faster and derive better value from it. For the used car ecosystem, it will help create a more reliable database of car registration details, which will help address challenges such as transfer of ownership,” says Kumar.
A few must-know procedural facts
The pricing of the HSRP varies according to vehicle make and class. Price will be displayed when you select the fitment location.
Be very careful while filling in the details at the time of applying. You can’t edit your order. And if you wish to cancel it, it must be done within 24 hours.
If you miss your appointment date, you can reschedule to the next available date, but you can’t change your fitment location. You also can’t receive the HSRP and have it fitted on your own. Only your vehicle—and not you—needs to be present at the time of affixation. The payment confirmation slip and registration certificate will have to be produced at the time of affixation.
How to apply online:
· Go to the website: www.bookmyhsrp.com.
· Then select whether you need HSRP with the coloured sticker, or only the coloured sticker.
· Click on: Book my HSRP
· In the first step, select the vehicle make from the options given: two-, three or four-wheeler, heavy motor vehicle, other commercial vehicle, etc. Then select the manufacturer’s name.
· In the second step, select the state in which the vehicle is registered: DL for Delhi, UP for Uttar Pradesh, HP for Himachal Pradesh, and so on.
· In the third step, state the vehicle class.
· In the fourth step, state the vehicle type – petrol, diesel, CNG, electric, CNG/LPG + petrol.
· Next, provide the booking details: Bharat stage, vehicle registration date, registration number, chassis number, engine number, owner’s name, email ID, phone number, and billing address.
· Thereafter, select a nearby dealer or opt for home affixation (give home address in the latter case).
· Confirm the OTP received on your mobile number.
· Select date and time slot.
· Pay online.