People withdrawing money from atms
Even though the goverment has decided to demonitise Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes from midnight, November 8, 2016, there are certain outlets that are still accepting notes till Friday midnight on humanitarian grounds.
These include the following:
1. Government hospitals
2. Pharmacies in goverment hospitals but this requires prescription of doctors
Hence government hospitals will accept these notes from November 9 till Novermber 11.
3. Booking counters for rail tickets
4. Government buses
5. Airline ticket counters
6. petrol, diesel gas stations of PSU oil companies
7. Consumer co-operative stores authorised by state or central government
8. Milk booths authorised by state govt
9. Crematoria and burial grounds
10. International airports will have the facility of exchanging old notes for foreign tourists and those going to foreign nations but the limit has been fixed at Rs 5000.
There is a caveat though. All places accepting old notes will maintain a stock register with the amount recieved and details of the person exchanging the notes.