President-elect Donald Trump on Monday released a video statement on YouTube, outlining his vision for the first 100 days in office. Trump said his agenda was based on the principle of 'putting America first'. He said, "as for day one, I hope to restore our laws and bring our jobs back".
Donald Trump said that whether it is producing steel, building cars or curing diseases, he wants the next generation of production and innovation to happen in America. The billionaire-turned-politician and now president-elect said that he had asked his transition team to chalk out a plan to restore laws and bring back jobs.
Trump's almost 2.45 minutes' speech included proposals related to immigration, trade deals and defence policy.
Here is what USA's president-to-be had to say:
1. Withdraw from the trans-Pacific Partnership: Donald Trump said that he would issue a notification of intent to withdraw from the trans-Pacific Partnership. Calling it a potential disaster for America, he said, they would instead negotiate fair bilateral trade deals to bring jobs back to America. On Sunday, Japan's prime minister Shinzo Abe, warned that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) would be “meaningless” without US participation.
2. Cancel restrictions on American energy: Trump said, " I will cancel restrictions on American energy, including shale energy and clean coal, thereby creating millions of high-paying jobs."
3. Protect America's infrastructure: He said that he would ask the national security team to buttress against infrastructure attacks.
4. Investigate abuses of visa programs: On immigration, Trump said he will direct the labour department to investigate misuse of federal worker visas that undercut American workers.
5. Ethics reform - Impose a Five-Year ban on Lobbying: As part of a plan to 'drain the swamp', Trump said that he would impose new bans on lobbying by government employees
Donald Trump maintained that he would help rebuild the middle class.
Post Donald Trump's speech, Twitterratis reacted instantly. Here us what they had to say
No mention of #thewall in #trump video message about his first 100 days
— Kevin Sharkey (@tv_KevinSharkey) November 22, 2016
Donald Trump might very well BEGIN his tenure as President as the most corrupt man to hold the office in 50 yrs. That's how he will START.
— Elliott Lusztig (@ezlusztig) November 22, 2016
Trump's 100 days social media video--another way to avoid press conference. This man is terrified to take questions from the press.
— Rebecca Lapinsky???? (@RebeccaLapinsky) November 22, 2016
Trump outlines agenda for the first 100 days in a new video - still no post-election press conference https://t.co/kOvHixxkGp
— Rebecca Berg (@rebeccagberg) November 21, 2016
On one hand, we have the lying, colluding, conspiring, cheating, corrupt and subversive frauds.
On the other, we have Donald Trump.#MAGA
— Carmine Zozzora (@CarmineZozzora) November 22, 2016