Eveready hits 10% upper circuit on report of Dabur promoters picking stake

eveready
Shares of Eveready Industries were locked in 10 per cent upper circuit at Rs 88.90 on the BSE on Tuesday on the back of heavy volumes amid reports that Dabur promoters have picked up nearly 8 per cent stake in the battery maker.

Till 01:19 pm, a combined 3.41 million equity shares, representing 4.69 per cent of the company's total equity, had changed hands on the NSE and BSE. There were pending buy orders for around 600,000 shares on the NSE and BSE, exchange data shows.

However, on NSE, under BL series, about 5.15 million shares, representing 7.07 per cent of total holding of Eveready Industries, changed hands at price of Rs 81.80 per share. The name of the buyers and sellers were not ascertained immediately.

BL series is for facilitating block deals. Block deal is a trade, with a minimum quantity of 5 lakh shares or minimum value of Rs. 5 crore, executed through a single transaction, on the special “Block Deal window”. The window is opened for only 35 minutes in the morning from 9:15 to 9:50 AM.

The BSE said, it has "sought clarification from Eveready Industries with reference to news appeared in ET NOW dated July 14, 2020 quoting "Dabur promoters family pick up 8.8 per cent stake in Eveready." The reply is awaited."

As of March 31, 2020, the Burman family, promoters of Dabur India, already held 9.26 per cent stake in Kolkata-based Eveready Industries. The companies on behalf of which stake are held in Eveready Industries include MB Finmart Pvt Ltd, Puran Associates Pvt Ltd, VIC Enterprises Pvt Ltd, and Chowdry Associates. The promoters held 22.99 per cent stake in Eveready Industries, while the remaining 77.01 per cent holdings were with the public shareholders. Of public holding, corporate bodies held 43.58 per cent stake, individual shareholders held 25.63 per cent holding and institutional investors held 4.68 stakes in the company. Eveready has yet not filed its June 2020 shareholding pattern. 


Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.

We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

Business Standard is now on Telegram.
For insightful reports and views on business, markets, politics and other issues, subscribe to our official Telegram channel