* Look for unique fixtures to draw attention and add grace to the area. If something feels incomplete, even after you've decorated, chances are your lighting situation is to blame. Replacing a standard frosted glass pendant light or a boring brass chandelier with something unique and tailored for your style will instantly pull together all the elements of a room and highlight the architecture of a home.
Add an extra touch of luxury to elaborate the room with a double chandelier. Floral chandeliers are a bold choice, but they can look stunning in rooms with simple decor and furniture. Look for fixtures made from hand-blown glass that feature elegantly swooping stems and delicate buds to add impact to a plain dining room.
* Pendant lights are the perfect addition to any area of the home. Not only do they provide task lighting, but they also continue the style of the space. Use stainless steel shades for a sleek contemporary look or colourful ones for an eclectic style. Mix old with new. A vintage touch with industrial hanging lights, keeps the surrounding updated making it look royal yet elegant.
* Floor lamps are easy to integrate in any division, you just have to choose one and see even the darkest corner of your house glowing. They are extremely flexible and can be used to illuminate a bedroom, a living room or even a dining room.
* Turn off your main overhead lights and create warm pools of light instead.
* If you prefer clean, modern lines and minimalist home decor, embellish your space with lots of metal hurricane lanterns sculpted along geometric lines. When lit up with fairy lights or the warmth of candles they add festive sparkle to your home.
* If you love bohemian decor, use the Moroccan-style lantern with vibrant tea-light holders and glassware in electric shades of pink, purple and orange.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.