Filing income tax return can be a bit tricky if you have shifted jobs

If you have changed jobs in the last financial year, filing income tax returns can be tricky. You will have two Form 16s — one each from the new and previous employer. For the new employer to consider the income and deductions of the previous employer, the employee needs to provide details in the prescribed format by filling up Form 12B. If you have not done it, you will need to compare the two Forms and compute the total income, deductions and tax liability. Every employer gives to its employees Form 16, which have details of such income received, the tax that was deducted at sourc.....

Key stories on are available to premium subscribers only.

Already a premium subscriber?

Subscribe to get an across device (Website, Mobile Web, Iphone, Ipad, and Android Phone applications) access to Premium content, Breaking News alerts, Industry Newsletters, Stock and Corporate news alerts, access to Archives and a lot more.

Most Read

Top Stories




Latest News

Todays Paper

News you can use