Here's how to recover your lost and forgotten investments even after 10 yrs

If you think hard about it, you will probably be able to recall an idle bank account that still has a few hundred rupees. You may not have bothered to close the account and recover that amount out of sheer inertia. Older folks often speak of old share and deposit certificates they came across in old trunks, which they had forgotten about completely. If one goes by the replies to members' queries posed in the Lok Sabha, forgotten investments are a big issue. Massive amounts of money lie forgotten with banks, insurance companies, and housing finance companies (see table).  Investm.....

Key stories on are available to premium subscribers only.

Already a premium subscriber?

Subscribe to get an across device (Website, Mobile Web, Iphone, Ipad, and Android Phone applications) access to Premium content, Breaking News alerts, Industry Newsletters, Stock and Corporate news alerts, access to Archives and a lot more.

Most Read

Top Stories




Latest News

Todays Paper

News you can use