"They have been taken in for questioning," Eric Van Der Sypt, spokesman for the federal prosecutor, said of the men, but gave no further details about them.
However he confirmed the detained suspects did not include not fugitive Salah Abdeslam, who is one of Europe's most wanted men over his alleged involvement in the November 13 attacks that left 130 dead in the French capital.
Federal prosecutors will release a statement today with further details on the arrests, the spokesman said.
The search took place in a building on the outer limits of Molenbeek -- an area with a large immigrant population -- and less than a kilometre away from Brussels' central Grand Place square, one of the city's most popular tourist sites.
Pedestrians were evacuated as the raid took place, from 6 p.m to 11 p.m local time.
Belgian police are still actively looking for 26-year-old, Brussels-born Abdeslam, suspected of having played a key role in the Paris attacks and understood to have returned to the Belgian capital the day after the bloodshed.
arrest warrant is out on Abdeslam, who lived in Molenbeek.
A source close to the Belgian investigation said earlier yesterday that Abdeslam made it past three police checks when friends drove him from Paris to Brussels in the hours after the coordinated gun and suicide attacks.
Belgium has so far arrested eight people on suspicion of involvement in the terror assaults, which have been claimed by the Islamic State jihadist group.
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.