MP government suppressed truth of Petlawad blast: Congress

Madhya Pradesh Congress alleged Wednesday that the the BJP government suppressed the "truth" of the blast at Petlawad in Jhabua district in which 89 people were killed three years ago.

On September 12, 2015, 89 people were killed and nearly 100 injured after a massive blast of mining explosives stored in a building ripped through a crowded area in Petlawad town.

Paying tributes to the victims on the third anniversary of the blast at Petlawad, about 40 km from here, state Congress chief Kamal Nath said, "The government has suppressed the truth of the Petlawad incident...The people killed in Petlawad were martyrs."

Deputy Leader of Opposition in Assembly Bala Bachchan said, "When the Congress raised the issue in Assembly, then home minister Babulal Gaur had said the inquiry report had been submitted. But the report has not been made public by the government so far."

Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had promised compensation and jobs to the kin of the blast victims, but the promise was not kept.


(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Outbrain