The bench was hearing a petition filed by one Ratan Luth, a resident of Pune seeking that the organisers of the event were not granted a liquor license.
According to his plea, the Festival was scheduled to take place from December 28 this year to January 1 next year, and around three lakh people expected to attend it.
Several of those who attend the festival will be minors, school students etc and thus, the organisers must not serve liquor to ensure that no under-age drinking takes place, the petitioner sought.
The petitioner also cited several news
reports claiming that in 2013, when the festival was organised at Goa, several instances of under-age drinking and consumption of illegal drugs was reported.
However, Percept India, the organisers of the event told the court today that the event had music that "appealed to 15- year-olds too."
The organisers also said that they had already sold several tickets, and booked international artistes for the event, and that they will ensure no laws are broken.
The state's counsel Abhinandan Vagyani meanwhile, told the court that the organisers had agreed to have a segregated and colour coded entry based on age groups.
"Those below 20 years will be given green bands, those above 21 but under 25 will have yellow bands, and those guests who are above 25 will have red bands to identify them," Vagyani said.
"Also, the liquor counter will be at a distance from the stage and the main ground so that our police officials deployed at the spot can keep a check," he said.
Vagyani also said police will be deployed at the entry and exit points. "Our police will ensure that what happened in Goa does not happen here,"Vagyani said.
While the bench directed Vagyani to put all his submissions in the affidavit, it also said the police must ensure that there was enough staff to maintain daily and law and order in the city as well.
"The timing of the event is such that you'll have to not just keep a watch on the event, but also across the city. Ensure that your entire staff does not happily go to the event," it said.
The state has been directed to file the affidavit by December 20.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.