Valkyrie from Aston Martin
3. Madison Keys, Lucas Pouille, Stan Wawrinka and Maria Sharapova have all been connected with which brand as its brand ambassadors?
4. This person made his first investment when he was less than 14. He bought three shares for himself and three for his sister in a services company in the early 40s. The company whose shares he bought is known by the name CITGO today. It is in oil and gas. Name the person.
Warren Buffet. In 1941 when he was 11 years old, Buffett bought his first stock — six shares of Cities Service (now known as CITGO — an oil company) at $38 per share. He bought three for himself and three for his sister Doris
5. This 235-year-old company was founded by a person who was jailed for causing a riot. Watching the janitor use a broom to sweep the insides of the prison gave him the inspiration for his invention. Generally, pieces of cloth or sponge dipped in a solution of sulphur were used by the prisoners for cleaning __. Once he came out he started manufacturing his product using the hair of a wild boar. Name the person, his invention and the company that was set up.
William Addis. The inventor of the toothbrush. His sons took over his business and set up the company Wisdom Toothbrushes in the UK
6. What is the term used to describe the mass nod of agreement by participants in a meeting to comments made by the boss, even though most have no idea what was said?
7. Name the company and its founders that goes by the philosophy of “pay-per-click job advertising network”.
In 2005, Paul Forster and Rony Kahan founded “Indeed” located in Austin, Texas. They called it the “pay-per-click job advertising network”
8. This company’s base line is “With you when it matters”. It manufactures the world’s toughest __. Name the brand.
Dyneema. It is considered to be the world’s toughest fiber made by Royal DSM N.V.
9. Who said this: “Your are not born glamorous, glamour is created”?
10. Name the brand from its erstwhile logo.
Dassler Shoes. This is before it became Adidas and Puma
Compiled by Gaurav Sri Krishna, www.facebook.com/gaurav.s.krishna
One lucky winner will receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: March 17 till 8 pm. Previous winners and employees of Business Standard and their families are not eligible to participate.
The winner is chosen on the basis of the first correct entry received.
There were two correct entries to quiz No 502. The winner is Gayatri S from Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)