The two companies’ shares have been on a tear since news broke in February that giant pandas Shin Shin and her partner Ri Ri were mating in the Tokyo zoo. These chains have restaurants very close
to the Tokyo zoo
3. At the age of 15 this person was Life guard in the Borough of Queens. He also was a sprinkler installer. With his earnings he set up a stock broking firm and today he is known as the “Wizard of Lies”. Who is he?
Bernie Madoff, the Ponzi scheme perpetrator who is sentenced to 150 years in prison
4. Connect the musical “War Paint” and the documentary film “The Powder & the Glory”.
The musical and the documentary focus on the lives of and rivalry between 20th century female entrepreneurs Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein
5. What is the term used to describe systems designed to monetise online and other digital information by preventing visitors from accessing web sites and similar content providers without having a paid subscription?
6. Connect these films “Metropolis (1927), Modern Times (1936) and A nous la liberte (French – 1931) and name the two prominent people who were targeted by these movies.
Henry Ford and Fredrick Taylor for their Fordism and Taylorism and decrying the condition of man subjected to machines
7. Name the brand that recently ended its partnership with The Olympic games after being a TOP (The Olympic Partner) brand for the last 40 years?
8. In 1999, the CEO of a global corporation ordered 500 of his top managers to find workers who were well versed in Internet and tap into their expertise. He himself chose a mentor and blocked off time to learn about everything from Internet bookmarks to competitors’ websites. He is credited with introducing this form of mentoring. Name the CEO and the term used for such a process?
Jack Welch of GE. He is credited with the concept of reverse mentoring
9. Whose base line reads “Driving Matters”?
10. Name the company from its Logo.
Rothschild & Co.
Compiled by Gaurav Sri Krishna, www.facebook.com/gaurav.s.krishna
One lucky winner will receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant.
Last date for receiving entries: July 30 till 8 pm. Previous winners and employees of Business Standard and their families are not eligible to participate. The winner is chosen on the basis of the first correct entry received. There were five correct entries to Quiz No 516. The winner is Dikshant Rathod from Pune.