The gongura plant is either known as kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus) or roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa). The pickle is made from its leaves. The fibre from the kenaf plant is used to make car interiors (door bolsters) for its Ford Escape and the interior black surrounds for the BMWi3
3. This South American company was founded in 2000 with one store. In seven years it became a complete online business. Today it is the first from its country to go public on the NYSE. It recently launched a book when translated into English means “No Boundaries”. Name it.
Netshoes, a Brazilian company that is listed on the NYSE as NETS
4. Connect the Netherlands cricket team and now the New Zealand cricket team with an Indian brand.
Amul. It was the prime sponsor for the New Zealand team for the Champions trophy held recently, and it sponsored the Netherlands during the 2011 Cricket World Cup
5. This term’s origins are linked to the way investment banks are listed on the “tombstone”, or public notification of a financial transaction. The bank responsible for control of allocation of securities to investors, known as the book running manager, is listed above the others and on the cover of the prospectus. The font size of the name of this bank, or banks if there are co-book running managers, is larger. Name it.
The Bulge bracket. It comprises the largest and most profitable multinational investment banks. The font size being larger than the others it may seem to bulge out. Examples: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase
6. Connect the Alien: Covenant a 2017 American science fiction horror film directed by Ridley Scott & the Audi Car Company and what do you arrive at.
The Audi Lunar Quattro space rover made its debut in this film. It will soon make its trip to the moon in a Russian spacecraft in the near future. It’s the outcome of a JV between Audi and a motley group of researchers and scientists called PTSceintists in Berlin
7. Which is the first structure in India to get an image trade mark registered? The Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Empire State Building in New York are some of them who have their structures / buildings trademarked.
The Taj Palace Hotel in Mumbai
8. Connect Kodaikanal, India, and Minamata city in Japan with the Roman patron god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence, messages and communication, travellers, boundaries, trickery and thieves. Also name an Indian and Japanese firm each that should form a part of the answer.
Mercury (element named after the Roman god) poisoning
9. The faculty at Stanford and Harvard coined this term in 2010 to describe a phenomenon that star performers were unable to cope with simple struggles and disappointments. Today most universities have courses on this topic and the start-up ecosystem is encouraging it too.
10. Name this 102-year-old company which is a formidable player in this digital world.
Naspers, the South Africa-based world’s seventh largest Internet and entertainment group
Compiled by Gaurav Sri Krishna, www.facebook.com/gaurav.s.krishna
One lucky winner will receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: July 7 till 8 pm.
Previous winners and employees of Business Standard and their families are not eligible to participate. The winner is chosen on the basis of the first correct entry received.
There were six correct entries to Quiz No 517. The winner is Mudit Kothari of Pune.