2. If happy hours are connected with restaurants/bars/pubs, then which industry is the golden hour linked to?
Airport concessions/duty-free stores, defined as the coveted bits of time passengers spend in the airport before and after their flights
3. Connect a term used at the University of Cambridge for a certain set of undergraduates who attain academic supremacy and a clothing brand that has been around since the 1940s. It was endorsed in the US during the ‘40s by a world champion cowboy.
Wrangler. At the University of Cambridge, a “Wrangler” is a student who gains first-class honours in the third year of the undergraduate degree in maths. The jeans was introduced by the Blue bell company in 1943, initially designed for Rodeos
4. Which brand has opened an experience space which is a part store and part event venue and calls it 837, the headquarters for trying out cutting-edge tech?
Samsung in New York City
5. This temple in India is worshiped as the Breast Shrine (Sthana Peetha) and the two goddesses are considered to be a form of Adi Shakti. Traditionally one was considered a patron deity for sailors and merchants of ancient Odisha, who worshipped her for their safety and success at sea. Name this temple which was in the news recently.
The Tara-Tarini temple in Ganjam, Odisha. The first all-women navy crew will set sail this month to circumnavigate the globe in a sail boat named after the goddesses
6. What is the term to describe the use of too much of Macromedia Flash animation on a website that adds little or no value and irritates users?
Flashturbation. The result of the web designing team pleasuring itself
7. Who said, “Quality is more important than quantity, one home run is much better than two doubles“?
8. Which brand is considered the world’s first mobile video shopping network?
Mik Mak, founded by Rachel Tipograph. They call their commercials minimercials
9. What is railway meat and why was it called so?
In Anglo Indian parlance it was goat meat since the railways could not afford to serve pork or beef
10. Connect the images and establish the transaction. The first is the current and modernised version of an emblem/crest of this particular place which is also a part of its flag.
The Borough of Manhattan. The Dutch ceded it to the English in November 1674 in exchange for the Banda Islands in Indonesia, also known as the Spice Islands. One of the islands called Pulau Run was the only location for the production nutmeg and mace in the world till the 19th century
One lucky winner will receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to email@example.com. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: August 18 till 8 pm. Previous winners and employees of Business Standard and their families are not eligible to participate. The winner is chosen on the basis of the first correct entry received.
There was no correct entry to Quiz No 524