3. He served as the leader of the second largest party (CPI) with 16 MPs in the first Lok Sabha in 1952. He was behind rehabilitating workers of an establishment set up by the British when they were sacked in the 50s. In 2008 this retail chain was ranked among the top Indian consumer brands along with the likes of McDonalds for the CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards. Name the facilitator (founder in a sense) and the retail chain.
4. Connect the movies Bicentennial Man (1999) and Terminator Genisys (2015) with a technology brand and what do you arrive at?
5. It was once a punchline of an Internet joke and is now a formal designation in most US corporations. The title was created to acknowledge awareness that the front desk employee has a crucial position in the public relations and marketing of the business. Name the title.
6. This new tech gizmo launched recently was code named “Superlite”. Name it and the company that’s introducing it.
7. Whose is launching a brand called “Afound”?
8. Connect a painting of Jean-Francois Millet, one of the founders of the Barbizon school in rural France, to crossword puzzles?
9. Which person is considered as the “God of the Internet”?
10. What does the image represent and also name the character whose head is visible? Hint: The famous dessert Cassatta originated here. It also has an electronics industry region akin to the Silicon Valley.
One lucky winner will receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant.
Last date for receiving entries: February 9 till 8 pm. Previous winners and employees of Business Standard and their families are not eligible to participate.
The winner is chosen on the basis of the first correct entry received.
There were six correct entries to Quiz No 548. The winner is Baby Kumari from Chhapra