"All the touring party based in the Caribbean completed their Covid-19 tests last week and all the results have been confirmed as negative," said CWI in a media release.
On arrival in Manchester on Tuesday, the entire Windies touring party will be tested again for Covid-19 before taking part in the series which will be played in a "bio-secure" environment.
West Indies depart the Caribbean for Sandals Tour of England. #ENGvWI #MenInMaroon
Read more https://t.co/ycf4XHBeZC pic.twitter.com/aQkMNLice9
— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) June 8, 2020
The bio-secure protocols will restrict movement in and out of the venues, so a group of reserve players will travel to train and help prepare the Test squad and ensure replacements are available in case of any injury.
"This is a huge step forward in cricket and in sports
in general as we travel over to England for this series. A lot has gone into the preparations for what will be a new phase in the game," said captain Jason Holder.
"I'm happy for the support and well-wishes we have been receiving from our loyal and dedicated fans once it was confirmed the tour would go-ahead. This has been a source of great inspiration," he added.
The first Test is slated to be played at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton (July 8-12) with the second and third matches at Old Trafford in Manchester from July 16-20 and then July 24-28.
West Indies Squad: Jason Holder
(captain), Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, John Campbell, Roston Chase, Rahkeem Cornwall, Shane Dowrich, Chemar Holder, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach.