Features of Amazon Anytime
* Like any other messaging app, Anytime will support text, video, stickers photo messaging. It would also integrate games, says engadgets.
* It reportedly has a few hooks that would make it easy to sign up and participate in group chats.
* The app will keep chats and messages private and encrypted
* The app could come with GIFs, stickers and emojis support which is common in almost every popular chat app
Less dependence on numbers:
* Unlike WhatsApp, you would only require a name to reach out to someone. With Anytime, the user will have to use Twitter-style @ mentions to bring people into conversations or share photos.
* Users can color-code chats to identify the most important ones.
* There are app-like functions (such as group music listening and food ordering)
* Amazon Anytime promises 'chatting with businesses' feature for shopping or customer service.
How easy will it be for Amazon to float in Anytime
Amazon Anytime, for one, will have to face social network rivals like Facebook-owned WhatsApp that has more than 1.2 billion users. FB Messenger has 1.3 billion global users.
Recently, there were reports of Facebook building a standalone app that incorporates ideas from Houseparty, the group video chat app that rose from the ashes of Meerkat. The app, which has the working name Bonfire, was demonstrated for employees in the first week of July.